"I guess our collaboration with lola perrin has been successful! Her music was particularly well received last night!"
PIANO DUO GASTESI-BEZERRA
Scroll down for
Specialises in works for solo piano, duet and piano ensembles and is also building a series of chamber works. Two CDs on release: 'Fragile Light' & 'By Peculiar Grace and other loves'.
Performs concerts of her solo compositions in the UK, on mainland Europe and USA, at times with specially made film projections. Occasionally performs with other pianists and instrumentalists. Also performs to silent films.
sheet music publishing
Works are published through Lola Perrin Sheet Music and distributed worldwide by Spartan Press. From Spring 2016 works are also available as PDF downloads from Spartan Press.
Collaborates with filmmakers, photographers, writers, artists, scientists and organisations to create live and recorded projects.
Lola is Composer in Residence at Markson Pianos. As part of the residency she created the blog 'The View from Markson Pianos'; a series of intimate interviews with amateur and professional pianists. A former Naim Audio Artist in Residence.
Promotes visibility of historical women composers through her activities around African American composer Helen Eugenia Hagan (1882- 1964). Creates works around climate change to bring issues into performing spaces.
London-based, American born composer, pianist, collaborator, publisher, writer & teacher.
- COMPOSER Has published 8 piano suites. Has close to a hundred compositions for solo piano, multiple pianos, duets, and instrumental works in her catalogue. Compositions have been take up by concert pianists including; Nada Koulundzija (Serbia), Elena Riu (UK), Kevin Robert Orr (Slovenia), Ivory Duo Piano Ensemble (UK), LP Duo (Serbia), Duo Gastesi Bezerra (USA). Her technical exercises, commissioned by Trinity College of Music, can be found in their 2015 – 2016 Piano Syllabus Grades 3 & 4. Her instrumental works have been performed by Elysian Quartet with Carlos Lopez-Real, Bromley Youth Music Trust, an ensemble of ten bass clarinettists conducted by the award winning Terry Davies, and Ivory Duo Piano Ensemble with trumpeter Simon Desbrulais.
- PIANIST Plays her solo piano works in the UK, on mainland Europe and USA. Works for 2, 4 & 6 pianos at Lang Lang Inspires, Southbank Center.
- COMMISSIONS include silent film scores performed at Barbican, BFI Southbank and Peninsula Arts in Plymouth, a composition for Hussein Chalyan’s Design Museum exhibition, a composition for Music Science and The Brain (Plymouth University)
- COLLABORATOR Has a special interest in spoken word and integrates this into her compositions in different ways. Collaborates in performance with writers (Hanif Kureishi Mihir Bose, Sue Hubbard, Bassem Sabry - posthumously -) scientists (including geologist Dr. Adam Maloof, Princeton), artists and film makers.
- RESIDENCIES Composer-in-Residence at Markson Pianos. As part of her composer residency she established a blog, The View from Markson Pianos, for which she has interviews a wide range of amateur and professional musicians. Formerly Artist in Residence at Naim Audio.
- CAMPAIGNER Worked with Ivory Duo Piano Ensemble, she transcribed ‘Concerto in C Minor’ by Helen Hagan, a forgotten 1912 virtuosic masterpiece still in the composer’s hand, around which she created a fundraising concert programme in aid of Freedom from Torture. Composes around climate issues to bring the subject into performing spaces. Performed her climate music as part of Greenpeace's Requiem for Arctic Ice at Shell HQ, London. Initiated a classical music video to highlight the plight of Saudi blogger Raif Badawi.
- RADIO She has been interviewed about Music and The Brain with neuroscientist Dr. Martin Coath on Science Matters, about her climate change music on The Paul Hudson Weather Show (BBC Radio), about her Octopus Music on BBC In Tune. She has performed on BBCR 4 Jazz Line Up and played a studio concert with a live audience on RTÉ's Blue of the Night. Her Octopus Music was played live on BBC R4 In Tune, Her music is broadcast on various radio stations.
- REVIEWS & INTERVIEWS various media including Berliner Morgenpost, The Guardian.
- RECORDINGS Has two CDs on general release. In late 2016, her music will be recorded by Nada Kolundžija on a CD with Philip Glass, Pärt and Andriessen.
- TEACHER Has a busy private piano practice, teaching piano and composition to all ages, including Ed Balls and a growing number of his colleagues
- WRITER of short stories, occasional contributor to International Piano magazine.
- CURRENTLY working on her ninth piano suite to be premiered October 2016 in London.